Thursday, May 30, 2013

Sitting on the Front Porch

"Sunshine came softly through my window today." - Donovan

I spent the day with two boys: a 7-year-old and an almost 6-month-old.  Considering that I woke up to thunderstorms, and it rained most of the day, we still had a pretty good day.  We went to the library, played board games, watched a movie, and built various ferocious machines and creatures out of Legos.

Now, though, one boy is back with his parents and the other is sleeping.  Rather than write anything extensive, I think I'm going to spend some quiet time sitting on the front porch, enjoying the sun coming through the trees, the smell of recent rain, and the sound of the birds.


The view from my porch

2 comments:

Tracy Edwards said...

mm.. sounds nice

Marissa said...

It was!